Thank you for your interest in the Woodlands of Charlottesville! We look forward to having you here!
How to Prepare Your Application:
- Proof of Income – we accept the following:
- hire letter from your employer on company letterhead (must be dated within the last 6 months and signed by you and your employer)
- CPA prepared tax returns for the past 2 years (ONLY if self-employed)
- 4 consecutive pay stubs that show your name, gross rate of pay and hours worked
- copy of financial aid documentation (UVA Graduate Students/Fellows)
- copy of court-ordered child support agreement
- copy of court-ordered spousal support agreement
- pension or Social Security check stub
- documented savings or brokerage account statements showing a significant value.
- $55 Application Fee – per applicant – we accept checks payable to Real Property Mgt. Inc, money orders, or exact cash in the office.
Call the office if you have any questions or issues!
How to Submit an Application
You may fill out an application online via any of the specific apartment listings on our website or in our office at 1720 Treetop Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903. If stopping by the office, please bring all the required documentation so we can prepare your file and process your application as quickly as possible.
Please note, partial applications will not hold a unit. Applications are considered incomplete until everyone in your group submits all the required documentation. We will continue to show a unit and accept applications until we receive a lease reservation fee and signed lease.
A completed application takes priority. We will process the first completed application we receive. A leasing agent will contact you with the results. If your application is approved, you will be asked to pay a $250 lease reservation fee. This will release your lease for you to sign and will go towards your security deposit (the remainder of which is due upon signing). You will have 24 hours to pay the fee after we process your applications. If we do not receive the fee within that 24-hour timeframe, we will begin accepting and moving forward with other applications.
Once the fee is received we will stop showing the unit to any prospective tenants. If your application is declined, you will be presented with the respective options. In the instance that a cosigner is required, the applicant will have 24 hours to submit the required paperwork before we move on to the next completed application in line.
The $250 reservation fee is NON-REFUNDABLE if you decide not to sign the lease within 48 hours of receiving it.
Upon signing, the remainder of your security deposit is due.
Please note that for a current resident to receive the resident referral bonus; their name must be listed on your application at the time of submission (other restrictions may apply).
We look forward to helping you secure your ideal apartment home! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. Our office is open 7 days a week from 8 am to 5 pm.